Policing is enforcement of the law.
The objective of the police force is to enforce the law and protect the public. Arming police is a slippery slide into an abyss that society cannot return from. Criminals have to learn to respect the police – the police have to be able to enforce that respect.
- Attacks on the police will incur the following penalties:
- Swearing/spitting/insults – 6 months in jail.
- Physical assault without a weapon – 12 months in jail.
- Physical assault with a weapon that is not a gun – 24 months in jail.
- Physical assault with a gun – 60 months in jail.
- All of the above are minimum penalties – additional penalties which would normally incur are to be added on top of the above e.g.